Saturday 22 December 2007

Two ickle boys

I've reached Llandre now, in mid-west Wales, the final stop on my 'World tour of Europe'. Hadn't been here 24 hrs and it's started to rain - ah well, after 10 days of sun / frost I can't complain. The couple of days in 'deburg were fun, and surprisingly useful thesis-wise (in case my supervisor chances upon this!). The National Museum has a pretty good display of medieval pottery from Iran, which I diligently photo'd and will pass on to you Alison, don't worry!

I also caught up with George and Phil, from my Jordan past-life, which was fun, and saw another L'pool game, although the result was disappointing (again - how Crouch can fly through the air to take out Essien at knee-height and then bemoan 'foreigners' for hamming up injuries I don't know. Sure, he may not have been that badly hurt, but it's your own fault you got sent off)

The first night was spent baby-sitting my sister's 'mini-men'. I like kids who get put to bed by their parents and then don't stir all evening. You get so many brownie points for not having to do anything! We then took them to the Botanic Gardens, where a squirrel tried to climb into MiniMax's push chair and Zacster chased some pigeons - he would've had a go at the ducks on the ice, but railings intervened.

This arvo was spent decorating the Xmas tree - my parents never put it up more than a couple of days before Xmas, which is the way it should be. Here are a couple of pics from 'deburg...



No comments: